BADN RE-LAUNCHES ITS FELLOW AWARDNews
Posted by: The Probe 2nd November 2018
BADN, the UK’s professional association for dental nurses, has today re-launched its Fellow grade of membership.
Those dental nurses who have been BADN members for at least 10 years and who meet a set of specific criteria may submit a portfolio of evidence for assessment which, if approved by the Executive Committee, will lead to the award of the BADN Fellow title and use of the post-nominal letters FBADN.
The submitted portfolio must contain evidence of:
• GDC registration via a dental nursing qualification
• Individual professional indemnity
• A Personal Development Plan
• A Curriculum Vitae
• A minimum of three post-registration additional qualifications – a combination of clinical and non-clinical qualifications is acceptable, but they must be awarded by a recognized body and relevant to the applicant’s current field of practice
• Reflective practice
• Management or supervisory experience
• Teaching and/or mentoring experience
• At least one article published in the dental press in the previous ten years
• Having conducted dental research in the previous ten years
More information, including application form, guidelines and criteria, and checklist are available in the members’ area of www.badn.org.uk.