An Introduction to the Bioclear Method for Monolithic, Superior Posterior Composite Restorations
An Introduction to the Bioclear Method for Monolithic, Superior Posterior Composite Restorations.
Dr Claire Burgess
BDS (Birm), MFGDP RCS (Eng) MSc (Rest Dent UCLan)
This Bioclear Method Introduction webinar will provide a wealth of practical advice to all dentists who wish to experience a unique approach to modern resin dentistry.
It introduces the use of ‘injection moulding’ composite placement techniques with anatomic posterior Mylar matrices. The presentation introduces the principles of the Bioclear Method for composite restorations with the use of the Bioclear matrix system.
The Bioclear Method has also rebuilt the model for how dentists prepare and restore teeth with composite, discarding nearly all the principles based on the old GV Black model. The Bioclear Method aim is to preserve and respect the biomechanics of the natural tooth, whilst replacing deficient, missing, or disease of the tooth structure.
Key Learning aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes:
• Completed an introduction to the Bioclear Method background and method
• To have an understanding of Biofilm removal
• To have an understanding of Bioclear Matrix selection and adaptation to achieve good interdental contact points
• To have an understanding of heating and injection molding of composite materials
• Be aware of the Clark 2-step Polish technique
• To have an understanding of how to produce longer lasting, stronger composites.
By the end of this webinar, delegates will be able to enhance patient care by optimising all clinical stages of direct Bioclear Method posterior composite restorations.
This webinar is designed to provide educational material conforming to the General Dental Council’s development outcome B, C, D (Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice).
Improved diagnosis and treatment in direct composite dentistry
Current concepts in direct composite restorations
Concepts of the Bioclear Method
Concepts of Biofilm removal
Concepts of Monolithic composite restorations
Essential knowledge for predictable direct composite restorations.