About the Course
On completing this Enhanced CPD session, the reader will:
• Understand the prevalence of obesity in England and the predicted figures for 2050
• Understand that the incidence of obese adults accessing dental services is likely to increase
• Understand the equipment implications when it comes to the delivery of dental care for obese patients
• Understand that service providers are required to make ‘reasonable adjustments’ to facilitate access for people with disabilities
• Understand that success depends on the rigorous assessment of the specific practical needs of each patient, as well as having the appropriate facilities and supporting framework to manage these needs.