Registration is now open for the 2021 British Orthodontic Conference – the largest event for UK dental professionals with an interest in orthodontics and this year’s theme is Don’t Look Back in Anger. This year’s conference is being held at the Midland Hotel and Conference Centre in Manchester between the 16-18 September.
As everyone is aware, it has been an unpredictable 18 months or so, full of trepidation and the unknown. With this in mind, we are delighted to be delivering the first ever British Orthodontic Conference in both a physical and virtual format.
In the main programme, delegates will benefit from:
- Phil Hammond (Private Eye’s M.D., physician, broadcaster, comedian and commentator on health issues)
- Professor Jonathan Sandler presenting the Northcroft Lecture
- Padhraig Fleming and Pratik Sharma delivering the Chapman Prize 2020 – ‘Prescription of full or part-time Twin Block wear: A randomised controlled trial and qualitative evaluation’
- Simon Littlewood – ‘Retention – science, clinical tips and comedy disasters’
- Sarah Good – ‘Things I have learnt from hanging out with the kids’
- Paul Redmond – ‘Managing, motivating and engaging multi-generational teams’
‘Driving your Private Practice’ sees a series of engaging and pertinent presentations with the aim of helping attendees move their private practice forward.
‘So you want to know about orthodontics’ is aimed at those that are considering a move into orthodontics or have just begun their journey. There is also a full two-day programme for Dental Care Professionals.
David Waring, Chair of the British Orthodontic Conference Committee added, “We were so disappointed not to have a conference in 2020 and we have worked extremely hard to deliver a conference in 2021 that is doubly good! Every precaution will be taken to ensure a Covid safe
conference and everyone can book with confidence – if we have to make any changes or hold a purely virtual event, you will be able to transfer to the online event and get the appropriate refund. We recognise the importance of flexibility when it comes to plans and hope this provides the reassurance colleagues need.
We feel that we have something for all the team at this year’s conference and look forward to welcoming everyone.”
Of course, there will be fabulous social events and a chance to see Manchester’s finest bars, restaurants and venues. To book, please visit https://www.bos.org.uk/BOC2021 An early bird discount is available for all bookings made before 23rd July and a combined team rate is on offer too so that the whole team can come along, learn a lot and have fun.