The British Dental Conference & Dentistry Show is delighted to invite you to the next installment of its ‘Back to Practice’ webinar series in partnership with Wrigley Oral Healthcare Programme. All members of the dental team are welcome to join this free-to-attend two-part webinar series.
Sponsored by Wrigley Oral Healthcare Programme, this webinar on 21st July at 7pm is led by Professor Avi Banerjee of Kings’ College London, who will consider the role, efficacy and impact of sugarfree gum in minimum intervention oral healthcare.
- Describe the minimum intervention approach towards delivering better oral health;
- Outline the effects of sugarfree gum on oral tissues and their effectiveness in different populations;
- Discuss the implementation of sugarfree gum in minimum intervention preventive regimes to help combat oral diseases/conditions;
- Understand the basic formulation, claims and regulatory positioning of sugarfree gum;
- Describe how sugarfree gum exerts oral health benefits primarily through salivary stimulation;
- Describe how different sweeteners and active agents might influence efficacy of sugarfree gum;
- Highlight the range of published studies that have explored the impact of sugarfree gum on oral health;
- Outline the effects of sugarfree gum on salivary flow.
Taking place 4th August at 7PM, part two will consider the materials and tools needed by dental professionals to support oral health strategies and promote healthy mouths.
- Identification of practical brief chair side interventions to behaviour change in dental practice;
- Identification of relevant facilitating factors and barriers to practitioner/patient communication;
- Identification of strategies to ensure the advice offered by the dental professional is received and recalled by the patient;
- Seeking the view of practitioners regarding what materials and tools they find useful to support patients to change their behaviour.
By signing-up to this online series, you will have exclusive access to both webinars.